GREEN DRAGON II FLEXO CLEANER
New And Improved Formula!
IDEAL FOR CLEANING UV AND WATER BASED INKS & UV COATINGS & VARNISHES FROM ANILOX ROLLS / FLEXO PLATES
New & Improved Green Dragon II Flexo Cleaner manufactured by CT Graphic Arts, is an environmentally safe cleaner for use in all flexo printing applications, where UV & Water Based inks and UV coatings are present. We’ve improved upon our original formula to bring you an even more reliable and versatile cleaning solution.
Anilox rolls, Photopolymer plates, Ink Pans, Ultra-Sonic anilox roll cleaners and parts cleaning. General press and floor clean up. Water and UV based flexo inks and UV Coatings & Varnishes.
For “tough” jobs the cleaner can be used as is. For “routine” jobs the cleaner can be diluted 1 part Green Dragon II to 2 parts water – 1:2.
Features & Benefits
- A water-based flexo plate cleaner for most flexo inks (water-based, UV and solvent-borne inks)
- Environmentally friendly and lower VOC profile than any other cleaner
- Surfactant used in Green Dragon II is biodegradable based on OECD 301D aerobic biodegradation test method
- The co-solvents used in Green Dragon II (for UV and solvent inks) are also readily biodegradable, unlikely to accumulate in the food chain, and practically non-toxic to fish and aquatic organisms
- Based on first principles then the Green Dragon II flexo cleaner is completely biodegradable, non-HAP and safe for the environment
- Surfactant used in Green Dragon II has also been formulated in EU Ecolabel all-purpose and sanitary cleaners- completely benign and safe for human contact
- VOC content for the GDII cleaner for tough and persistent cleaning jobs is 20 gs/lit or
0.167 lbs./gallon much below the VOC thresholds of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) of California
- VOC content for the working strength cleaner GDII (diluted 1:2 with water) is 6.7 gs/lit or
0.056 lbs./gallon- significantly below the general cleaner VOC thresholds of South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) of California (SCAQMD VOC Threshold: 25 gs/lit or 0.21 lbs./gallon)
- VOC content comes mainly from high boiling but non-HAP and safe for the environment Glycol Ethers used mainly for UV and solvent inks
- Proven for water-based and UV inks. Initial studies for solvent-based inks also promising!
- Working strength pH 10-12 required for the primary binder in water-based inks
- Low or no swell of flexographic printing plates during press-side cleaning processes
- Low or no odor for press side use!
- Available in Sizes; 5 gallon & 55 gallon.